Saturday, November 15, 2014

Those Trees

So we begin at the beginning.
I love beginnings.
So much more than endings.

The story of God and His People starts in a garden.
The garden of Eden.
And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground - trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food.  In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  (Gen 2:9) 
It starts with a man and his lady. Allowed to eat from almost all the trees that grow out of the ground. Even the tree of life!!

Are there trees like this along my path?
Trees that grow out of the ground, with pretty fragrant fruit.   

Do I sample from the trees of the knowledge of good and evil along the path? I learn so many things and my eyes are opened and knowledge streams into my consciousness. Not all of it good. What do I fill my heart and my soul with that doesn't satisfy?

There also is the Tree of Life. Just like Adam and Eve, I often pass by it. It is not flashy.  Its fruit, unassuming.  Until you taste it. Exquisite. Fruit that brings Life. Like reading the Word.  Every day. Like ....Living Water and it floods our souls. Quenching.  And nourishing as it goes into our deep places.  

No comments:

Post a Comment