Monday, January 23, 2017

Restless Wanderer

Genesis 4 & 5

This morning I'm getting ready for work.
I don't mind working on a Saturday, it's my pattern and rhythm.
I love it when I read something new in a familiar place.
I wonder sometimes if people have known for years..these little things that I just noticed for the first time
These days of Cain, right after the fall, are days that Adam and his family are no longing living in Eden, but still very much in God's Presence.
I don't think I read that part before.
Of all the curses God places on man: the weeds and child-birth pain, the one that Cain can't bear is being forced to be a restless wanderer.
To be completely banished from the place he associates with God's Presence.
Does that remind you of Mumford & Sons "HopelessWanderer".
Yeah, me too a bit.
I'm reminded that I sometimes make choices, and say and do things that lead me out of God's Presence.
Things that lead me to wild and barren places.
If left to my own devices.
But I'm not destined to wander forever.
I may be restless, but never hopeless.
Back to this fountain.
God always calls us.
Always.

So we go places together.

No comments:

Post a Comment