This morning's reading was about God calling Abram.
Out of Haran.
Out from under the protective patriarchal umbrella of Tehran.
Out of Haran.
Out from under the protective patriarchal umbrella of Tehran.
I imagine that was quite a counter-cultural thing to do.
But God had a plan.
He called Abram to leave everything he knew and held dear.
He appeared to Abram and they talked.
And handed out one of the biggest promises in the Bible.
I love that.
He called Abram to leave everything he knew and held dear.
He appeared to Abram and they talked.
And handed out one of the biggest promises in the Bible.
I love that.
It's quite like God to do something like that.
To call and to draw us to Himself.
An invitation to journey.
I always love the journey part, even where I don't know the destination.
To call and to draw us to Himself.
An invitation to journey.
I always love the journey part, even where I don't know the destination.
God called.
"Come...I have something to show you!"
"Come...I have something to show you!"
He blessed.
Abram thrived.
Abram, and Sarai, and Lot.
And then famine came.
Scarcity.
Abram thrived.
Abram, and Sarai, and Lot.
And then famine came.
Scarcity.
Those are the moments when it becomes harder to trust.
When the journey path gets narrower, harder on your feet, and there are fewer travelers beside you.
When the journey path gets narrower, harder on your feet, and there are fewer travelers beside you.
Scarcity.
All the way to Egypt.
Out of Canaan.
Out of what would become the Promised Land.
All the way to Egypt.
Out of Canaan.
Out of what would become the Promised Land.
Which just goes to show
that where you are
isn't always where you are supposed to be....
that where you are
isn't always where you are supposed to be....
Sometimes God calls us in our scarcity
.. and sometimes He calls us in our plenty....
.. and sometimes He calls us in our plenty....
"Come....I have something to show you!"
No comments:
Post a Comment