Genesis 6,7,8 & 9
Yesterday I read the story of Noah.
And how the whole world went to pot and that it grieved God so deeply that He erased His Creation.
And how the whole world went to pot and that it grieved God so deeply that He erased His Creation.
Then I feel like we hit the ground running.
Sprinting through genealogy.
Til we meet Abram.
Sprinting through genealogy.
Til we meet Abram.
We pick up the Story again.
I love the little hint we read in the last verses of Genesis
11.
That Tehran, took his son Abram, his grandson Lot, and his daughter in law Sarai, and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan.
That Tehran, took his son Abram, his grandson Lot, and his daughter in law Sarai, and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan.
But they settled in Haran.
The NIV notes say that Haran was a flourishing caravan city.
I imagine it was an oasis that had everything for your needs, and that it would be convenient and comfortable to settle there.
The NIV notes say that Haran was a flourishing caravan city.
I imagine it was an oasis that had everything for your needs, and that it would be convenient and comfortable to settle there.
Abram never made it to Canaan on his first trip out. And it
doesn't seem like it was his idea to venture out but his father's.
Does that happen to us?
Do we set out, but stop short at a wonderful green place, not quite getting to the place we were supposed to go?
Do we set out, but stop short at a wonderful green place, not quite getting to the place we were supposed to go?
I love this next part of the story.
Abram's story.
The story of God's people,
His Treasured Possession.
The story of God's people,
His Treasured Possession.
Because even though He was grieved, He set the rainbow in
the skies as a reminder to Himself about His Covenant with His people.
That's us.
Treasure.
No comments:
Post a Comment