Friday, September 8, 2017

Glory Songs

Psalm 97,98 & 99

Ps 97:1 “The LORD reigns,
Let the earth be glad.”

A reading of celebration hymns of God’s rule and reign over Israel and over the whole earth.  About God’s majesty and his great power revealed in nature. 

It illustrates the simple satisfying joy when all is right in the world.  God’s people enjoying God’s favour when they follow His leading.   And forgotten is all the hard work and bloodshed of the conquest of the Promised Land.   The price already paid and forgotten to enjoy this milk and honey. 

Ps 98:1 “Sing to the LORD a new song,
For He has done marvelous things.”

I love it that God made us, His creatures, to be loved and to love Him, to bring Him praise and worship and that He gives us these Psalm words (through Psalmists) to bring this praise back to him.  

These songs filled with references to the way the amazing Creation itself speaks of God’s majesty and power and strength and sovereignty.  

Nature,
just by being what it was created to be do,
worships, praises, and gives glory. 
Nature,
even being passive,
cannot contain itself. 
With no pressure to perform
And no expectation to fulfill
Except its created purpose.

You and I
Created for this purpose too.
Created to praise
Created to reflect God’s Glory.
Like a mirror.

Radiant.

I don’t think you and I were created to be passive.
Bringing Glory to God while sitting on the couch.
But even in my home I’m doing what God created me to do and to be.
To be a parent and a spouse.
And to craft things with my hands and my heart and my soul.

Trees only clap when God’s breath blows through their leaves and branches.
So our lives and voices in God’s Hands,
infused with His Breath
breathing Life and Light into all the works He purposed for us
become a magnificent glory song. 



No comments:

Post a Comment