Psalm 119:81 to 176
Ps 119:81 “My soul faints with longing for your
salvation,
But I have put my hope in your Word.
92 If your law had not been my delight
I would have perished in my affliction.
93 I will never forget your precepts,
For by them you have preserved my life.
94 Save me for I am yours.
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.
111 Your statutes are my heritage forever;
They are the joy of my heart.
112 my heart is set on keeping your decrees
To the very end.
114 You are my refuge and my shield;
I have put my hope in your Word.
116 Sustain me according to your promise and I will live;
Do not let my hopes be dashed.
130 The unfolding of your words gives light;
It gives understanding to the simple.
133 Direct my footsteps according to your Word.
134 Redeem me from the oppression of men.
135 Make your face shine upon your servant
And teach me your decrees.
145 I call with all my heart’
Answer me O LORD
146 I call out to you; save me
147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I have put my hope in your Word.
154 Defend my cause and redeem me;
Preserve my life according to your promise.
171 May my lips overflow with praise
For you teach me your decrees.
172 May my tongue sing of your Word.
The 2nd half of Psalm 119 has a greater sense
of urgency for deliverance. It reads as
though this Psalmist, in his zeal for Gods law and words, experiences
persecution at the hands of arrogant people, maybe even leaders and
rulers.
You could almost imagine this writer being bullied for
being a bit of a law-geek. That others
would make fun of his piety and his obsession, his passion, yet knowing that
this kid was someone completely sincere, genuine, and someone more righteous
than themselves.
So I love the words that show the full treasure that
God’s Words are to this person. How the
law is his true delight. His passion and
dearest love. That these words are not
just his food but also his dessert.
Ps 119:103 “How sweet are your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth.”
And you are almost a bit jealous of this pure energy. That the compass setting for this person is
so clearly True North.
So I love how sure he is.
And maybe a bit naïve.
But definitely not ashamed.
Not even the faintest sense of blushing.
I really love that a lot.
Because I think God plants these passions and loves
inside of us.
The gifts that He gives to each one of us.
To spur each other to better and best things.
To spur each other to better and best things.
Gifts and passions that others may not understand.
Bringing our own personal flavour to the world.
Our joys and the things that make our hearts pound
hard.
Fruits of the Spirit so the world can taste and see that
God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment