Proverbs 27, 28, & 29
I love it when I sit down to read and to write.
Even after so many days of this rhythm, I love to glance
at the pages and sometimes I wonder where those words came from. That if I sat down today, that I couldn’t
write them again. I marvel at what
seems like a miracle to me. I’m super thankful
God shows up.
And I’m thankful that you keep showing up.
That we walk and talk and read together.
Especially today.
As Proverbs 27:17 pops up. “As iron sharpens iron so one (wo)man
sharpens another.”
I love that today.
That day I was doing laundry and hanging it outside.
Ready to open my home and my table to our family and friends,
as we got closer and closer to Easter.
Prov 27:1 “Do not boast about tomorrow,
For you do not know
What a day may bring forth.
6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted,
But an enemy multiplies kisses.
7 He who is full loathes honey,
But to the hungry
Even what is bitter tastes sweet.
17 As iron sharpens iron
So one man sharpens another.
19 As water reflects a face
So a man’s heart reflects the man.
28:14 “Blessed is the man
Who always fears the LORD.
But he who hardens his heart
Falls into trouble.
19 He who works his land will have abundant food
But he who chases fantasies
Will have his fill of poverty.
26b…He who walks in wisdom is kept safe.
29: 1 A man who loves wisdom
Bring joy to his father…
11 A fool gives full vent to his anger
Abut a wise man keeps himself under control.
25b…whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. “
Today and tomorrow.
Wisdom and folly.
Work and idleness.
Lots of practical life wisdom.
In these busy few days lots of things need doing; with lots
of places to go, and lots of things to pick up and errands to run. I know
I will need to plan a bit and not put off til tomorrow what could be
accomplished today. This is also the
simple wisdom we find in Proverbs.
I feel like it also talks about what life looks like when
we struggle with our walk. That there
are rewards for the hard walk even when it doesn’t produce visible fruit. That we keep investing in relationships that
are difficult, even when they don’t show signs of getting easier. Because it says more about our faces and our
hearts than someone else’s. And about faithfulness even when we are tired and
it is hard. And Grace. It’s all about Grace.
Iron sharpens iron.
I love that this potential always exists.
In every conversation and encounter.
This potential and possibility in each new day.
Today I’m okay with simple life and living.
Looking for something uncomplicated
And choosing joy.
To embrace the love of good friends and let if fuel the
courage to cultivate new relationships around us. This philosophy to be “Present Over Perfect” -Shauna
Niequist.
Let us not get so hungry that even the bitter tastes
sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment