Monday, April 24, 2017

Belonging

Deuteronomy 16
Passover.
Remembering the LORD’s past redemptive acts.
This is a Deuteronomy type theme.

I stopped
when I read the mention of Israel’s call
to rejoice before the LORD,
During the Feast of Weeks.
Counting off 7 weeks
from the time the sickle
was put to the standing grain.

Ch 16:11 “ Rejoice before the LORD your God
At the place HE will choose
As a dwelling for His Name.
You,
Your sons and daughters
Your menservants and maidservants
The Levites
And the aliens,
The fatherless,
And the widows. “

You,
Your children
My children.
And all the refugees
All the displaced people among us
All the orphans
Zelophehad’s daughters
And the widows
All the Ruths and Naomis.  

Ch 16:15 “ And your joy will be complete.”
17” Bringing gifts
in proportion to the way the LORD your God has blessed you. 
No man shall appear before the LORD empty handed.”

In this place
This Promised Land
There is room for everyone.
God’s rest is for all of us
And for all of them.

I love words like
Gather
Together
Belonging
Community
And everyone.

That the place God chooses for His Dwelling
Is a place for gathering.
And by default
It will be a place of joy
And of rest. 


I love that!   

No comments:

Post a Comment