"Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:17,18
You know I love those NIV study notes right?
The note on verse 18 points out that Jesus pronounces a blessing on peacemakers (Mat5:9), and believers are to cultivate peace with everyone to the extent that it depends on them.
I love that verb...cultivate.
I love the notion of cultivating.
As if you are preparing an area or place where something new can grow and exist.
You get it ready and then you consciously work at it.
You choose the things that will grow there and eradicate those not conducive to what you wish to accomplish.
Constantly tending.
Do not be overcome by evil.
Overcome evil with good.
Conflict with peace.
Downloads of the Bible to date: 146,670,881
No comments:
Post a Comment