I wrote this post and the one before it last week.
There are people walking on the water, but there are also people in my life experiencing storms.
Heart breaking storms.
Sometimes life-storms are long. (Acts 27)
They batter your heart and your soul. Your strength.
The crew gave up all hope on the third day of a storm lasted at least 14 days.
Then Paul gets a message and encourages everyone.
Sometimes I am like one of the crewmen, certain that all will be lost, seeing only the storm, the peril, and not the One who can calm it.
I should know better.
I DO know better.
And then I hear the voice.
I know the voice.
It always speaks in my storms.
It is reassuring.
And the storm is calmed in me.
Storms can be long. (v27)
Drop anchor. (v 29)
Pray for daylight. (v29)
Eat. (v29)
Stay with the ship. (v31)
Swim if you're able. (v43)
Or use a floaty. (v44)
No one will be lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment