Deuteronomy 31 to 34
Ch 31:6 “Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid or terrified
Because of them\for the LORD your God
Goes with you;
He will never leave you
Nor forsake you.
8 The LORD Himself goes before you
And will be with you;
He will never leave you
Nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid;
Do not be discouraged.
Even when the going
Gets impossible.
In verse23, God says to Joshua,
“I myself will be with you!”
I and not another.
I, Myself.
And not my representative.
And Moses sings
At the end of his story.
He was 120
And He finishes well.
Even though he does not get to enter the land.
He sings,
With Joshua beside him.
Never once
Does his leadership waver
In all these years.
He loses his cool a few times
But he never quits
Or gives up.
Not this people.
Not on his calling.
To me that would require
An inordinate amount of strength.
And on top of Mt Nebo,
Moses too, is gathered to his people.
Ch 34:7 “And yet, when he died,
His eyes were not weak
Nor his strength gone.
10 And since then,
No prophet has risen
In Israel
Like Moses,
Whom the LORD knew
Face to face.”
Moses,
This radiant follower.
Whose thread is woven
Into this Grace story.
And with that
Moses laid his hands
On Joshua
Son of Nun
And Joshua
Was filled with the spirit of wisdom.
Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face.
I love that.
I drove home listening to
“Mary, Did You Know?”
Mary,
In this Advent season,
Also someone who spent a lot of time
Face to face
With God.
This is so amazing to me.
And I heard another song
About Advent and Christmas
About our hearts and minds and lives
Being “as busy as Bethlehem”.
Life is so busy right now
That it makes my eyes a little bit wet
When I think about it all.
But I don’t want to be so busy that I miss any of this.
So thankful to start the day here and in God’s Word.
It’s like manna
On this journey
A provision from God.
His Word that proceeds
From His Mouth
And does not return to Him empty.
And it fills us.
So that we too can finish well,
Or at least keep going another day.
I’m really thankful for you all today!!
No comments:
Post a Comment