Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Starting Again

I opened the Bible this morning and started to read the beginning of Judges.  I read the prologue and introduction last week.  And I reread it.   And I went back to reread the introduction to Joshua.  If you have an NIV study Bible I highly encourage to dig into those pages sometime.

My favourite thing about reading God’s Story this week is all the other bits that I’ve been reading here and there; with family at devotion time, in church with sermons, and at Bible study.  All kinds of Words from other parts of the Bible.   And I love how the same threads and sounds reverberate and resonate through the readings.

I love how much wider our understanding becomes of the whole context of all the Words put together.  All the things that spill out of the prophesies.  All of them coming true at Christmas time. 

How all the things that we read about God remind us that He is a God we can count on and put our trust in.  Because He is exactly who He says He is, and does what He says He will do.   And we, the people of His Pasture, He will tend to us and care for us and keep us in His Hand, in this land.

Even though the Israelites are about to go through some ups and downs.  Even though God leaves them to their own devices and choices.  There are always those who call the people back and show them the way.  Who bring Light to the darkness. 


So today that keeps me reading.  Even when there is so far to go and I’m not really on track.   

No comments:

Post a Comment