Thursday, February 16, 2017

He Knows

Job 22, 23 & 24

Job reminds his friends that he is directing his complaint at God.
And that he struggles with the way unrighteous people seem to go unpunished while he suffers for things he has not done.   It doesn’t seem fair. 

I always get stuck on “it’s not fair”.

The friends and Job are at an impasse.
They cannot convince Job of his guilt.
Or call him to repentance. 
And Job cannot acknowledge what is not true. 

At the end of the day, Job knows that his heart is right with God.
I always think that’s a great measuring stick.

My favorite words today are those of Job in 23:10.
Where Job says he would still love an audience with God, but he does not know where to find Him.
And yet he knows
That God knows
Where to find him.

“But He knows the way I take
And when he has tested me
I will come forth as gold..”

Refined.

And in verse 12:

“I have treasured
the Words of His Mouth
More than my daily bread.”

I love it that deep down inside, in his search, he finds and holds close to God’s Words. 

Because there are days
When no other words will do.

On days when the suffering of the world is loud around us
and when it is loud inside our own hearts and souls and minds,
I hope that God’s Words will soothe and cover our broken pieces,
that we may carry them together,
and that we too will remember
that God knows where to find us.

He knows which way we take.  


No comments:

Post a Comment