Friday, February 17, 2017

Just Worms and Wisdom

Job 25,26,27 &28

Bildad reminds this group
What is man that God is mindful of him.
A mere worm
No human can be pure and righteous.
We can’t even reflect the pure light of the moon and the stars.
We are that depraved.

I had a day off of reading yesterday.
This is quite a piece of talking though. 

I have been loving the poetry and the proverbial wisdom.
Of these gentlemen
And how even at Job’s bedside
They wax eloquently.

I think that’s what keeps me reading. 
I wonder what their day jobs are.

I wonder if these friends sat around regularly like this to contemplate the universe. 
It makes me think of all the people who gather for coffee daily at Tim’s, Roy’s, Robin’s or Mc D’s
If some trouble should befall any of these people it would be completely natural for them to gather and work through it in these places and continue their routines.

Contemplating the awe and wonder of Almighty God, even from a point coloured with despair.
In Job 26:14 the writer of Job talks about
the powers at work as
“but the outer fringe of His Works,
how faint a whisper we hear of Him. 
Who then can understand the thunder of His Power?”

In all this search for understanding is chapter 28.
Where the writer talks about the search for wisdom and likens it to mining for precious metals, ores, and stones.

Deep tunnels.
Deep darkness.
Labour intensive.
Unknown contents.
Unknown origins.

Wisdom.
Precious and priceless.
More valuable than rubies.
Like the Proverbs 31 woman.

In the end:
“The fear of the LORD
-That is wisdom
& to shun evil

Is understanding.” Job 28:28

No comments:

Post a Comment