Genesis 24 & 25
I do love it that Abraham and Sarah were living in
Canaan.
This is the land for which he left his father’s
household.
But he did not want a Canaanite wife for his son
Isaac.
And yet, this is the land God promised to give him.
He claimed this as his homeland through the act of
burying Sarah here.
He was committed to God’s promise.
And Abraham dies in Canaan.
“...at a good old age, an old man and full of years. And
he was gathered to his people. “
Near his tree in Mamre.
Abraham travels a lot.
There is so much journey in his story.
But it was God’s promise
God’s gift to Abraham to settle here in this rich lush
land.
This land of milk and honey.
God planted this people of Israel here.
He cultivated this home for his treasured possession.
It makes me think about what it sometimes takes.
What God’s Promises and Purposes sometimes look like in
our lives.
Rarely does it involve sitting on the couch….
There is calling
Hearing
Sending
Travelling
Nourishing
Nurture
Questioning
Testing
Arriving
Finding
Gratitude
Worship
And then…
Rest.
Maybe. J
I think I sometimes forget about the get-up-and-go part.
I think I sometimes wonder what God would like me to do
for Him in this little spot that I occupy in the universe
His universe.
And that sometimes God’s idea of milk and honey and mine
are not the same things.
His plenty.
His abundance.
No comments:
Post a Comment