Leviticus 8, 9 and 10
When I read about the priestly garments and the care that
was taken in their detail, the amount of preparation involved with washing and
dressing, I think of Colossians 3:12 to 14
“Therefore
as God’s Chosen People
Holy and dearly loved,
Clothe yourselves
With compassion, kindness,
humility,
gentleness and patience
Bear with each other
And forgive whatever grievance
you may have
against one another.
Forgive as the LORD forgave
you.
And over all these virtues put
on love,
which binds them all together
in perfect unity.”
I think about how you and I can enter our day,
looking at the day as our gift from God,
and what we do with it our gift and offering back to
him. I find that starting the day with
God’s Word helps me pick up my story in a good and grounding way.
These here are just my words and the way God’s Words
tumble around in my heart and my soul.
If I didn’t read first, there would be a whole lot of something else
tumbling around.
When we set aside time, whether it’s five minutes or a
half hour, I feel like we too are bathing and clothing ourselves, preparing
ourselves, focusing the eyes of our hearts on God, and on Jesus. Radiant.
Our time is like an offering
and it is like prep work
It cultivates sacred space to hear what God is saying to
us
And we determine how will we clothe ourselves.
Being very intentional about what we wear on the
outside.
So very much like the garments of Leviticus.
I’m not sure I ever fully realized how that can all fit
together.
How are prep for the day affects our offerings.
Pleasing aromas to God.
Through the day.
Some days it happens effortlessly
And some days it takes everything we have.
So costly.
Leviticus 9:6 says “This is what the LORD has commanded
you to do,
So that the Glory of the LORD may appear to you.”
He’s going to show up.
You know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment