Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Offerings

Exodus 35 to 38

The building of the Tabernacle.
And what that all entails.

I really love reading about all the details
And just how this all takes place.
The tabernacle, and all its sacrifice and offering parts.
Made from things Israel carried along into the dessert.
To the base of this mountain.

I was going to say that Moses invited the people to make an offering.
But no…

Moses said to the people:
In Ch 35:4
“This is what the LORD has commanded.
From what you have
Take an offering for the LORD
Everyone who is willing is to bring to the LORD
An offering
Of gold, silver and bronze.
Blue, purple, and scarlet yarn
And fine linen.”

A command.

Precious things.
What would be your precious thing?

Ch 35:10 “All who are skilled among you
Are to come
And make everything the LORD has commanded.
The Tabernacle, the lampstands, the table, the incense, the garments.”

Precious holy things
Worship God things.

Ch 35:20 “And everyone who was willing
And whose heart moved him
Came out
And brought an offering
To the LORD
For the Tent of Meeting
for all its service
and for the sacred garments.”

And I love this part!
Ch 35:22 “And every skilled woman
Spun with her hands
And brought what she had spun.”

Just as there were those who were willing to give
There were those with the ability to create and design
And willing to come and do the work.

And at the end of the day
The people had to be restrained
From giving more.

I really love that.
You and I
With our beautiful unique
God given gifts, talents, and skills

Uniquely created
Uniquely gifted
To bring God’s Presence
To the world.
God showing His Glory, His Grace and Beauty.

Bits of glory that show up in our days.
Like twinkle lights
All strung together. 

Without God’s Presence going before
I would be just another girl
With a bad hair day
Struggling to make it through
Just another day.

Willing.
That word keeps leaping off the page at me today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment