Monday, March 13, 2017

Glowing in the Dark

Exodus 34

Yesterday I sat outside on the deck with my coffee and my journal. 

I was thinking about the things that God is doing in our lives
and in our hearts and our souls and our minds.
There are so many things going on in and around us.
In our control and out of our control. 
Things for which we need some guidance on our journey. 

I could use a pillar of cloud/fire right about now. 

It helps to just stop and sit still this moment.
Long enough for the whisper of God’s voice to make it through all the noise.
Stop and sit still long enough to make a sacred space. 

Some days that sacred space is on the deck.
Some days it’s at the sink.
Some days on the way to work.
Some days laying in a hospital bed. 
Some days at a computer. 
Some days just a quick glance at my Bible phone app.
Some days its just being able to breathe deeply.
In the craziness.

God’s Presence in dessert moments while we are longing for the Promised Land.
Sacred moments where we long for and recognize God’s Presence and Providence. 

Ps 34:5 “Those who look to Him are radiant. Their faces are never covered with shame.”

I love how reading these piece of Exodus add a new dimension and richness to the rest of God’s Word. 

Moses got to see God face to face
and then see His Glory
Til he glowed in the dark!
There is something beautiful and hopeful and satisfying that happens in us when we spend time with God.
Even if we don’t all have the luxury of spending hours reading the Bible everyday.

Today it all feels a bit out of control.
Like I wish I could reel in a few things. 

Today it feels like a very real thing
to be deliberate about carving out a sacred space.
Today.
Where none of the other things can drown out the sound of God’s voice.
It’s so hard some days.
But not everyday.  
Some days it’s easier.  

That’s why I’m trying to do it everyday.  
Practise the Presence of God in one way or another.


No comments:

Post a Comment