Exodus 10 to 17
I am always amazed at how much story happens in a few
chapters.
As if whole lifetimes can be summed up in a few
words.
And they are.
Generations die and live.
Battles are lost and won.
People complain, and grumble
and then they sing
and dance in thanksgiving and praise.
Eight chapters of epic adventure.
Plagues.
So much annihilation and death.
Of leaving, and deliverance.
And plunder to boot.
Of ritual and ceremony.
Commemoration and consecration.
Unleavened celebration.
Of whole generations who had never heard of the God of
their fathers.
Who by eating are reminded to remember and to never
forget again.
Of bread and manna
And of water both bitter and sweet.
And of this promise.
In Chapter 15: 17
“You will plant them
On the holy mountain
Of your inheritance.
The sanctuary
O LORD,
Your Hands established. “
I wonder if this is the kind of rescue that Moses
envisioned.
I wonder if he realized that God planned to take them the
long desert way out all along.
And in all this we catch our first glimpse of Joshua.
His name? “the
LORD saves”.
I love that!
No comments:
Post a Comment