Tuesday, March 28, 2017

To Be My Own

Leviticus 19 to 22

More rules.
Seemingly about random unconnected things. 
Tied together under the umbrella of holiness.
To do’s and how to’s.
A lot about how you treat people and relationships.
A lot about worship and offerings.
And what that should look like.
From proper haircuts and tattoos
To farming and commerce. 

Perfection.
Holiness.
Infusing every segment of life.
Sounds a lot like John Calvin. 
Consecrated. 

We read also about desecration.
This serious trespass on holiness.
A warning against taking holy and sacred things and moments for granted. 

Detestable.
So serious that it could get you set outside covenant relationship with God. 
God talks about setting His Face against those people who engage in detestable practices.   (Ch 20:3&6)

Ch 20:7 “Consecrate yourselves and be holy
Because I am the LORD your God. 
Keep my decrees and follow them. 
I am the LORD,
who makes you holy.”
Ch 20:24“You will possess their land;
I will give it to you
as an inheritance,
A land flowing with milk and honey.
I am the LORD your God,
who has set you apart from the nations.”
Ch 20:26 “You are to be holy,
And I have set you apart
From the nations
To be my own.”

Do you feel that way?
Set apart by God?
Chosen?
To be His OWN? 

I get a sense these days that there is way more to life than just the way we live it. 
Reading God’s Story is really doing that.  

God is with is us in our wanderings.
God brings us out of our Egypts
For a reason.  

“I have set you apart.
To be my own.”

I see you!

I hear you!

No comments:

Post a Comment