Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Glowing in the Dark: Take 2

Exodus 34

I’m still dwelling here.
There’s something here to learn and soak in.

I think the message for me is that God loves us and invites us to meet with Him wherever we are.

I don’t think He calls us up on a mountain for 40 days and 40 nights.  Although I would love to try that sometime.

We have been reading that God is a God who comes down to His People.

Where we are.
That is something so evident
In His command to build the Tabernacle.

That is what set God apart
Form all the gods of Egypt
That Israel grew up with
In Egypt.

He came down.

And Jesus is Emmanuel
God with us.

So I think…

Some days I shouldn’t think so much!

But God with us today
Tabernacling among us
Is about recognizing
His Presence
In our everyday.

And that sets us apart from other people
Just as much as it set apart the Israelites.

How do you remind yourself to remember?

Some days I really have to strain to hear God’s Voice.
I worry about my work
And if I can get it all done
And I can get a bit obsessive.

I know that God loves it
When we turn our eyes toward Jesus
And look full in His Wonderful Face.

“Because those who look to him are radiant
Their faces are never covered with shame.”  Ps 34:5

And even in this day
When we don’t have hours
To read the Bible
We can just turn our eyes to the Son
And God’s Light
And just be.

I keep sitting on these chapters
And I don’t think God
Is finished here just yet.

Maybe Moses was on to something.
“Do not lead us out from here
if Your Presence does not go with us.” 

So it’s as much about listening
As it is about reading. 

All the parts of God’s Story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment